What support do you offer to vulnerable customers?
Great customer service is our top priority. From time to time you may require extra support in managing your energy or finances. We provide priority wellbeing care for customers who require additional support by offering a range of services to meet individual needs. These services include the Priority Services Register and our charity partner, StepChange. Also, our employees are trained to identify when you may need support from us, for example, your children are aged under 16 or you depend on medical equipment. Once we are aware of your circumstances we will do everything we can to support you.
What is the Priority Services Register?
The Priority Services Register (PSR) is a confidential register of customers who need extra help due to specific circumstances, for example, if your retired, disabled or have a long-term ill health issue.
Inclusion on the PSR, enables customers to access a number of additional free services:
- Password scheme to protect your security
- Third party representative for correspondence
- Provision of quarterly meter readings
- Moving Prepayment meters to improve accessibility
We also use the PSR to identify customers who may need additional help if there’s an emergency, such as loss of supply, and to provide additional help in the case of a planned interruption to their supply. If you rely on mains electricity to power vital medical equipment in your home, it’s very important you let us know so we can make arrangements to support you.
PSR customers who have a hearing, speech or visual impairment can be provided with a range of services appropriate to their needs, e.g. a text relay service, as well as meter readings and bills delivered in Braille, large print, audiotape or via a telephone call.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, you can ask to be added to our PSR via your online account messaging service or by calling us on 0330 2020 298 (local rate).
Who else can help me?
We work closely with charities and partners to offer additional support to our customers when they need it:
- For debt support and advice you can speak to StepChange
- For legal advice please contact Citizens Advice
- If you're affected by sight loss and need help with managing your energy you can get support and advice from the RNIB
- For help with mental health, you can speak to our charity partner Mind
- If you're an older person and require support with managing your energy Age UK can help