Treating Customers Fairly
iSupplyEnergy focuses on treating our customers fairly, by setting high standards of fairness and honesty, and ensuring that our customers are at the heart of everything we do.
In August 2013, our regulator Ofgem, published a set of guidelines stating what is expected in suppliers' Standards of Conduct.
Our understanding of "fairness"
We want our customers to feel they are being treated fairly, and do this by the following:
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that you fully understand the product/service being offered (ensuring it is appropriate for your needs and circumstances);
- We will not change anything about your product/service without clearly explaining why;
- We will not prevent any existing customers from switching product or supplier without good reason;
- We will not offer products that are unnecessarily complex or confusing;
- We will make it easy for you to contact us and act promptly and courteously to put things right if we make a mistake.
How we keep treating customers fairly
We aim to make our prices and bills, our verbal and written communication we have with you, as easy to understand and with your best interests in mind. However, it is hard to get things right all the time so we'll do our best to put things right for you as quickly as possible. So far, we have done the following:
- Created a Meters and Meter Readings webpage to make it easier for customers to understand their meter. Customers were having difficulty in reading their meters and recording the correct readings.
- Provided a support page for our vulnerable customers so they know what to do and what will happen if they require extra help.
- We are constantly reviewing complaints to understand where we have gone wrong and how we could do better.
Our friendly and helpful Customer Service Team are on hand to help with any queries our customers may have regarding their energy. You can call on 0330 2020298 (local rate), Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
Download a PDF version of our Treating Customers Fairly statement.